Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creative writing Books that I have come across

Writing Fiction, by Gotham Writers' Workshop is a book that I have personally used. It is an amazing book. They explain about all the ingredients of creative writing like character, plot, dialogue, setting, description and theme. To use a cliche, It is one book that you must have.

Creative writing, by George G Williams is another book I have found very enlightening. It was a book I downloaded for free in internet. Just search for "Creative writing George G Williams".

A Creative Approach to Writing by ROGER H. GARRISON is another book I found on the internet. It is good. But not so good as the above two.

By the way, the last two books have a degree of formalism (probably because they are written as text books for colleges ) which the first one does not have. I really think you should get the first one, if you can.

Have you come across any book that you think should be on the above list. Write to me or add a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment