Friday, May 28, 2010

naalaya iyakunar (or naalaiya iyakunar??)

naalaya iyakunar is a talent show that comes on kalaignar TV. (a tamil channel). This is one talent show I watch. A show for the budding directors to showcase their talent, this resembles On the Lot. A theme is given every week and the contestants have to shoot a short film. The films are judged and the winner is declared. And every week a contestant is eliminated (or so they say. But usually it happens once a month :-))

The title of the show, naalaya iyakunar, means 'Tomorrow's Director'. Next years director might be a more apt title. The short films are really amatuerish. But once in a while you get to see reasonable movies. So it is worth the watch...

The person who makes naalaya iyakunar show worthwhile is Madhan. He is a well known figure in Tamil popular literature circles. Though he is not a director himself, I guess he is what someone can call as a discerning viewer. He gives very insightful comments about the short films. Sometimes you get to learn more from him than from watching the films.

But why dont they bring some well known directors like K Baalachandar, Mani rathnam or intellectual stalwarts like kamal haasan?

2 comments:

  1. hiam santosh i like to act pls call me..9841548743..myemail id-santoshraja1984@gmail.com..its my life try to help me out.. thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiam santosh i like to act pls call me..9841548743..myemail id-santoshraja1984@gmail.com..its my life try to help me out.. thank u..

    ReplyDelete